Some of the intangible reasons:
- You need a writer to engage the reader with compelling copy, preferably in a story format. If you prefer other styles of presentation, I can adapt to them very easily.
- You would have to train some one to write for the customer in this format. They would have to be devoted to this task in order to do it justice.
- Not biased about your products.
- Trained to write for a customerís perspective.
- Cheaper. Your technical staff can be over $150/hour at a loaded rate with benefits and such. I am far less then that and you donít worry about my benefits. You can use me whenever you need me.
- I turn a paper around much quicker, because I have the writing mindset and donít ďdreadĒ writing. In fact, I write childrenís short stories and books on the side, to keep my creative skills active and to make sure I keep it simple, yet interesting.
- With my varied background, I draw upon many industry experiences to give a more complete picture.
- Technology trained, but market focused. In other words, I have both the ability to understand technical products and services with the skills to translate them into words that most people can understand.
By the way, I Have Some Credential Stuff too:
- Been in the Software & Technology industry for 20+ years in Telecommunications, IT and custom software applications.
- Member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers).
- Served clients in all facets of business, ranging from product strategy, product development, product support, product management & marketing.
- Assignments with Fortune 500 companies, such as AT&T, DBM, Subcontract to General Dynamics, Lucent Technologies, BellSouth, and Amdahl, as well as several smaller firms.
- Even have some formal education:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, NC State University at Raleigh, NC
- Master of Computer Science, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
- Master of Engineering Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL